How to apply for a passport online
As more and more Indians are going online, our government services are the same. Many things used to be extremely difficult and inconvenient now a matter of a few clicks. To help our readers make the most of the new services that are now available, we will periodically update the guidelines for the use of various government websites. The new sites, it is easy for anyone to file a RTI request a PAN card or download a copy of the Aadhaar card. digital government has applied to things easier than ever, and nowhere more true than in the application for a passport.
Just the thought of applying for a passport in India is sufficient to induce a headache. Many people sweat more minor details, such as how to complete the form and necessary documents. Many people still get recruited agents and completed the payment process, because nobody wants to lose hours in government offices, from one department to another to get basic things done. If you are one of these people, stop and relax frown. It’s easy to apply for a passport online. The process is long and still have to go to the passport office, but certainly an agent is not necessary to do the job, as long as you follow these steps.
1. Go to the Passport Seva site.
2. Click Save now in the box titled Apply.
3. Now fill the form to create an account on the website of Passport Seva. You must select the passport office in the city that lives now, not to their place of origin. Also make sure that the name is entered as it appears in your documents to avoid problems with the application. The rest of the form is fairly simple – it’s like to subscribe to any website ..
4. Click Save when you’re done.
5. Now that you have created your account, go back to the website of Passport Seva.
6. Click the Start button green session.
7. Enter your email address and click Continue.
8. Enter your e-mail, password and characters from the image. Click Login.
9. Click Apply for passport Fresh / Reissue passport.
10. You can download the form, complete it and upload it to the site, or simply fill in data online. We recommend that you fill in the details online to save time.
In case you want to download the form anyway, click Click here to download the electronic version of the form, in the first subtitle on the page titled Alternative 1.
11. To complete the form online, click Click here to complete the online application form in the variant 2. We suggest you choose this option because it is the best way to apply for your passport.
12. On the next page, you have to choose between a fresh passport or reissue a passport or normal Tatkal, 38 pages or 60 pages. Make your selections as needed and click Next.
13. You must enter your personal information on the next page, and again, the information you fill in should match your other documents. If you have questions, you can refer to the official publication of the instructions. Once you’re done, click Submit Request at the bottom right.
14. Having completed the form, return to the site mentioned in step 9.
15. Click Saved / applications.
16. You will see the application you just sent. Click the button next to it and click on Pay and appointment.
payment and click Next 17. Select online.
A list of Passport Seva Kendra in the city appears on the screen and the date and time of the first appointment available.
18. Select one from the dropdown menu next to Location PSK.
19. Enter the characters shown in the next and click Next.
20. Click Payment and appointment book.
21. This will now take you to the payment gateway. Complete your payment and you will be redirected to the website of Passport Seva.
22. Now we will see a page titled confirmation of appointments with all the details of your appointment at Passport Seva Kendra (PSK).
23. Click Print on the receipt of applications. The next page shows a detailed view of the application – again, click Print on the receipt of applications.
24. On the next page you will see a preview of the reception. Again, click Print receipt of requests to finally take a printed copy of the confirmation of the appointment.
25. It will have a print of this receipt to enter the PSK.
Now all you have to do is go to the PSK at the time mentioned on the receipt. Based on our experience, if you have all the necessary documents, your PSK visit should not take more than two hours. You will have your passport after police verification was completed. Meanwhile, you can check the status of your application here. To track the status of implementation:
1. Go to the website here.
2. Choose passport from the dropdown menu and enter your file number (PSK gives you) and your birth date, and click Track Status to see the status of your application.