How to edit PDF files for free (almost) any platform
Have you ever received an attachment PDF, and wondering how to add your signature without printing and scanning of the final copy? Or how to solve this problem before returning a misprint? Of course you have.
PDF or Portable Document Format is a popular file format that allows you to view documents across platforms without disturbing your format. PDF files, which are often home to comics, novels and several bills are not intended to be edited. That is why it is difficult to find a solution editing a single pdf size for free. But it can be very annoying when you need to fill a form or add a line to a document that was sent in pdf format.
Although Adobe Acrobat XI (30,000 rupees) and Nitro PDF Editor (Rs 11,000) are good applications, their cost is prohibitive for most people. Fortunately, there are free alternatives currently most devices. Read on to learn how to edit PDF files without spending a penny.
Web (Runs on Android, Blackberry 10)
If you do not have a computer with Windows or Mac, or if you do not want to install applications from head to PDF friends to enjoy basic editing tools. This site also works for PDF editing files on an Android phone, but not on iOS devices. If you want to try the first Web site, friends PDF allows you to use the basic functions (addition of forms, symbols, text, disorientation and highlight) and ammunition. You will need to register if you want to do something useful, like record or upload the modified file, add images or signatures in the PDF file. You can change up to three a month pdf files for free. The site asks you to pay $ 8 (about Rs 500) per month so you can edit an unlimited number of files.
The ease of use is the PDF of friends force, but may not be the best tool for users. text editing options are limited to two sources and that we will have to manually move the text so that it is aligned with the rest of the line. However, this may not be a limitation for those who just want to fill in forms without printing the document. Friends PDF also allows you to merge, split and share PDF files. Here’s how to use it:
1. Drag a PDF file in the browser or click the Select button to edit PDF on the website and then select the file you want to edit.
2. Now Buddy PDF open the file (this may take a long time for large files). Once open, you will see a set of editing tools on the left side of the file.
3. The editing tools are fairly simple, since the name of each tool tells you what it does. You can select the text tool to edit the text and whiteout tool to clear the text. Note that only two are allowed (Arial and Times). You can also highlight text, add images and signatures, using the appropriate tools.
4. The above tools have friends PDF forms and symbols that can be added to your file. You can use symbols like “thumbs up”, “thumbs down” and “arrows” as bullets or notes if necessary.
5. On the PDF file, see arrows pointing right and left. Use them to move to the next or previous page.
6. When you are finished editing, click the Save button at the top of the page. This will save a copy of the file on the site. To save on your computer, click the download button next to the Save button.
Desktops and laptops
For those using Windows, Mac or Linux, LibreOffice Draw can be the best program to edit text in PDF files. LibreOffice is a complete office suite, and you will have to download the configuration file for all subsequent use Draw. Fortunately, during the installation program lets you select the software you want to install. This means that you can install without installing any Draw other applications of the suite. Draw friend PDF is easy to use. Follow these steps and you should be able to edit PDF files easily. Note that these steps are for the version of Windows the draw, but the process is similar for Mac and Linux.
1. LibreOffice Draw can open PDF files without any configuration. All you have to do is press Ctrl + O or click File> Open and select the PDF file.
2. All tools are located at the bottom and should be familiar to anyone who has used MS Word. Click on the line you need to start editing and get to work.
3. Before reaching the issue, note that LibreOffice Draw can make formatting goes crazy. We import a PDF file with chips, symbols, and underscores. Draw she moved it and all that took a long time to restore them to their original positions.
4. To align elements, simply click and drag to move.
5. While the system has the font used in the PDF, text editing file is pretty easy. All you need to do is select the text you want to edit and start writing. Each line of text, intelligent, underline, etc. It appears as an object in Draw.
6. When you are finished editing, select the PDF Export option in the File menu.
Using a word processor
Another way to edit PDF files is to convert them into a print friendly format file easier. Websites like PDFtoWord or PDFonline. PDFtoWord also allows you to convert PDF to Excel and Powerpoint. This lets you edit the document in an application such as MS Word, and then resave in pdf format.
1. Go PDFonline and click Add file to convert. Select your file and download it – it may take some time for large files.
2. When the download is complete, the site will show you the document, and Download button above. Click this button and select Download the Word file. This will save the document as an RTF file that can be opened by most text editors like Microsoft Word. Open it and make the changes you want. If you see a yellow strip with the words “Protected View”, then you need to click on Enable First Amendment.
3. When finished editing, you can save the document as a PDF file. In Microsoft Word, click File> Save As and select PDF as the type in the “Save as type” drop-down menu in the name of the file menu. LibreOffice has a PDF export option in the File menu.
This method works best when the data in the PDF file is in a format that matches the format you choose to make it. For example, you are required to deal with formatting problems if you try to convert a PDF file loaded multiple images in Word format.
Although Web-based method works best if you want to convert files without an Internet connection, you need to download the software for converting PDF to Word for Windows.
iPhone and iPad
Unfortunately, there is no good free PDF editing tools for you. The closest thing to a free PDF editor on iOS is Foxit Mobile. It is free to download and you can try all its tools in a couple of examples pdf files that come with it. The problem is that the application asks you to pay 60 rupees each for Dropbox, SkyDrive or Google Drive support. You can change all the PDF files in the cloud account chosen later. To create a new PDF from images and text on the IOS device, you will have to pay Rs 60 plus a one-time purchase. Using Foxit on your iOS device.
1. Open the PDF file and select the top pencil tool. Now all the editing tools appear at the top.
2. Select the tool you need (text, drawing, eraser or comment) and start editing.
3. When finished editing, press the back button in the upper left. Then select the Export button (a box with an arrow pointing out of it) on the upper right to save or share the modified file.