How to Make Marshmallows at Home
Whether wet or hot chocolate bars secretly cross the rocky roads, marshmallows are always a pleasure to the crowd. It is like nibbling on a cloud! If I go through a bag of marshmallows at the store, I never think twice before grabbing. But that was before I knew how easy it is to actually make marshmallows at home (without artificial colors). All you need is a handful of pantry ingredients and a little patience and the marshmallows have to rest for several hours before you can dig. It is a pleasure cooking project, especially for a Sunday with children. In this guide for do-it-yourself marshmallows, we share a classic recipe, as well as several fun ways to cook with marshmallows.
3 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
2 Ω cups granulated sugar
1 1/4 cup light corn syrup
Salt 1/4 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup of sweets
æ cup water
Vegetable oil for brushing
1. Brush a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish with oil.
2. Put the granulated sugar, corn syrup, salt and water 3/4 cup in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Let the mixture cook for another 9 minutes without stirring.
3. Meanwhile, melt the gelatin in water in a bain-marie (about 5 minutes), beat with vanilla with a blender and add the mixture of corn syrup, granulated sugar and salt.
4. Now pour into the prepared dish, and smooth with an offset spatula. Leave aside, uncovered, until the business (about 3 hours).
5. Sieve the sugar 1 cup of confectionery on a clean surface and unmold the marshmallow over the sugar confectionery.
6. When marshmallows are ready to be cut, powdered sugar 1 cup of confectionery (sifted) on a clean surface and marshmallow unmold on sugar. Use a sharp knife lightly brushed with oil and marshmallows cut into 2 square inches. Sift remaining sugar confiters 1/2 cup into a small bowl and roll each marshmallow into sugar to coat.
Note: Store in an airtight container.
Once you master the technique, it is easy to add aromas or blends and cut the marshmallows in different ways. You can adapt the marshmallows to the ingredients that you are in the mood for. If you crave chocolate, you can add cocoa powder for chocolate marshmallows or use different extracts such as almond extract to change the flavor. You can even press pieces of chocolate or pieces of your favorite sweets and marshmallows finishes, of course, by bathing them in chocolate for a delicious treat and maybe even adding a touch of liquor.