how vegetables steamed
A great way to cook vegetables, which helps to preserve their flavor, color and goodness!
Almost any vegetable can be steamed, including asparagus, spinach, summer squash, zucchini (courgettes), peas, broccoli, sweet corn, green beans, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, beets, onions, potatoes, turnips, turnip greens, mustard leaves and sweet potatoes.
1. Steaming is to medium. Be careful not to let water cook away.
2. dense vegetables should be cut into small pieces to cook more quickly.
3. Almost all vegetables can be steamed, and is a great way to cook because it holds its shape, flavor, color and goodness.
4. Prepare the vegetables as usual and spread in a single layer in the steam basket, so that they cook evenly.
5. Place the steamer basket over the pot once the water is at a boiling point.
6. The ideal height above water is 2.5 cm, but as long as the steamer basket are not actually communicate with the water, the distance is not critical.
7. The cooking time to cook vegetables steamed is about the same as for boiling.